MY TRAVELOGUE

My first destination @ Sukhothai New City 素可泰新城

HOW DID I GET HERE?
Sukhothai is my starting point of the journey. I took an early morning AA flight from LCCT to CNX (Chiang Mai International Airport). After collecting my luggage, I immediately walked out from the declaration checkpoint to the main exit towards the north, there’s one taxi counter in front of the car park. I talked to the person in charge at counter and I was given a taxi coupon, with a flat rate (180B) to get to Arcade Bus station (6-8km away).
NOTE: From CNX airport, In order to get to Chiang Mai Old City (2-3km depending on the location of hotel), it is a flat rate (120B). 

Once I stepped into the bus station, I quickly went to the bus counter and purchased the bus ticket to Sukhothai (239B), it cost the same as the local people. It is a 2nd class bus with air-condition. The journey took about 6 hours. 

In evening at about 5pm, I’ve finally reached in the Sukhothai New City bus terminal (about 14km away to the Old City). I was approached by a guesthouse owner (GH Name: Happy Guesthouse), without much hesitation, I agreed to stay with them. I’ve got a free pick up to the guesthouse (2-3km away). 
NOTE: If you plan to stay in the Old City, you may request the bus driver to stop you at the Old City, which is somewhere in front of the Sukhothai Historical Park entrance. The Sukhothai Old City is on the way prior reaching the New City (14km away).

WHAT TO DO IN NEW CITY?
It was pretty much quiet and laid back city. The weather in there was extremely hot during my stay in early May even at nighttime. My room temperature was hitting above 35 celcius degree.

There’s night market near the main street. I found there isn’t anything special about it.

My first bowl of Sukhothai noodle (30B).

I returned to my guesthouse before 9pm. Here's how the "guesthouse" looks like. Double-storey shops with some rooms in each unit.

The next day I'll be going to Sukhothai Historical Park by public transport.

NEXT >> SUKHOTAI HISTORICAL PARK

No comments:

Post a Comment