MY TRAVELOGUE

Most Beautiful Buddha in Thailand @ Phitsanulok 彭世洛

HOW DID I GET HERE?
Once I took the songthaew back to the New City. It made a stop at the main bus terminal. Instead of going back to the earlier Old City bus stop, I got down from the songthaew. I purchased the one-way bus ticket to Phitsanulok for (43B) at the Wintour bus counter. I took the local air-conditioned bus and the trip takes about 1 hour (55km).


I reached the Phitsanulok bus terminal; it was located in the middle of the town, about 2-3km away from Wat Yai. According to the map, it was extremely far and time-consuming to walk so I decided to take the motorbike ride for (50B) one way. It was kind of expensive but it’s the fastest way to reach the temple and also possible to return back the bus station in order to catch the latest bus by 6pm!

On the way back, I took another motorbike ride back to the bus station for (40B) after negotiating. I managed to catch a bus back to Sukhothai bus terminal before the sunset.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

WAT YAI (WAT PHRA SI RATANA MAHATHAT)

TICKET         : NONE
TIME              : 08:00-18:00

WHAT TO DO HERE?
I was here to visit the well-unknown temple - Wat Yai (the official name is Wat Phra Si Ratana Mahathat). During my past trips to Thailand, I have visited many beautiful temples. However, this temple is said to house the most beautiful golden Buddha in Thailand. Once I have seen the picture of the gold plated Buddha statue, it just always stick in my mind. I found out the temple is in Phitsanulok. This temple is famous amongst the locals.

According to the book, the temple housed the Phra Phuttha Chinnarat, the most revered and copied Buddha image in Thailand. The famous Buddha is the second most important after the Emerald Buddha in Bangkok’s Wat Phra Kaew.

There were many sincere worshippers during the mid day hot sun. I did not stay here for long since it was extremely hot and I was starving. The day temperature according to Instaweather was 38 celcius degree!

I have to admit I came all the way to capture this beautiful Buddha.




While taking a photo of the Buddha, the photographer and the person must always show utmost respect to the God by kneeling down their body so that their body positions are always lower than the Buddha. 


I wasn't sure if taking photos of the prayers with feet showing up is a taboo.








After the visit, I walked out from the temple area to the nearest shopping mall Topland Plaza to cool down my body after the whole day of terrifying heat exposure under the sun. I had my late lunch KFC there watching over the much busy crossroad in Phitsanulok. Damn! It was the hottest day throughout my trip in Thailand!

NEXT DAY >> CHIANG MAI


No comments:

Post a Comment